Maybelline Mascara: The Falsies vs The Rocket

Friday, May 30, 2014

Let's talk mascara. I have been a devoted Maybelline mascara user for a very long time. Once in a while I'll try something new, but I always seem to come back to this brand as they always deliver a great mascara. 

I had been using The Falsies for a long time, pretty much since it debuted and I have absolutely loved it! It seems to be a favorite among a lot of others, too, as I've seen it mentioned in tons of YouTube tutorials. It makes my lashes look fuller, longer, and darker, which is pretty much all I'm looking for in a mascara. I loved the small brush that came in the Big Eyes version, since it worked so ridiculously well for my lower lashes and it's pretty hard to find lower lash wands in a drug store mascara. However, with all that being said, the most recent one that I bought was so disappointing! I don't know if I got a fluke batch or they changed the formula, but it applied clumpy, and was so difficult to remove that it left my eyes red, irritated and missing some lashes.
The Falsies
I decided to try The Rocket soon after as a (fingers-crossed) suitable replacement. I'd heard mixed reviews about this- it seems you either love or hate it. The wand had rubber bristles, which was new for me, but I think I'm actually liking them better than I thought I would. They seem to distribute the mascara better, without making those annoying globs where you don't want them as my old mascara did from time to time. Also, as the bristles are a bit shorter I find I have less incidents of mascara on my eyelid while applying than I did before (I must be a spazzy mascara applier, because this seems to happen to me waaaay too often lol). The mascara formula is extremely wet and the wand gives really good separation to your lashes, as well as a good amount of length. I'm definitely liking The Rocket and will probably re-purchase it when the time comes.
The Rocket
The Falsies compared to...
...The Rocket
If you've tried these mascaras, I'd love to know your thoughts or what your favorite drug store mascara is! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.